5.23.2013

your journey ...


Three months until a quarter life crisis. That is all that stands between me and my twenty-fifth birthday.

My twenty-fourth year of life has not been an easy one. In fact, it has been one of those years that if I had the chance to do it again, I would have no desire to. Although this year has been difficult, I believe - in my heart - that one day I will look back on the obstacles I faced this year and I will cherish them. In the grand scheme of things, I am sure that each trial has taught me a lesson and/or been a building block in my character <and who God has destined me to be>.

The dilemma I currently face - and that I quite honestly have been facing for several years - is caring too much about what other people think. I over think EVERYTHING. And truthfully, it results in me stunting my progress, limiting my growth and <ever more concerning> not living my life to the fullest.

I do not know about you reading this, but I have grown sick and tired of being in *this place* in life. The past twenty-four hours has made me realize, much of this "stunt" or "hault" is my own doing. My thoughts, become my words, become my actions. And THAT'S a problem that only I can fix. The dilemma is, I am honestly not sure what to do about it. I am not sure where to start or how to begin changing these habits and thoughts that have become so engrained in my daily routine. So if you are reading this, and you have advice ... I'd be deeply touched and truly grateful if you shared your insight with me.

I have the funny feeling that my setbacks will soon result in comebacks; and I want to ensure that I have a positive mindsight for when this comeback falls upon me. SO much in my life has changed within the past year. And to be honest, I am so scared...so afraid. I have no control over the events that are occuring in my life, and the people who have gone. If you are reading this, I ask you to pray for me. Pray for me that with time, I will strengthen my faith walk. Pray for me that I will develop patience. Pray for me that I will let go, and let God.

I am a fighter. I know this too - his place of worry and anxiety - shall pass. Here are some quotes and inspirational messages that help pull me through difficult times:







4 comments:

  1. Everything that you do in life will come back as a reward. You are incredibly strong and you were meant to go through all these trials and tribulations to get you where you need to be. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina I have been there let me tell you. Confidence comes with age and experience. As we grow and we realize what truly matters, we realize what does not. Do not worry too much about this, when I was approaching 25 I was in the same place. But I can say two years later, I am in a MUCH better place. Know that there is a lot of wonderful things ahead, just take each day as it comes, try to maintain a positive outlook and take care to surround yourself with positive people.

    Feel free to email me whenever you have a question!


    xo Georgina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words were uplifting and encouraging today! I feel relieved and grateful to know that other's have gone through a period/transition such as the one I am going through now. I will glady take you up on your offer for email whenever I have a question. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for your comment on this post. I never doubt God's perfect timing.

      Delete