I guess what I am saying is that I still have weak days because of what I have gone through in the past. I have come so incredibly far ... and I do not want to turn that progress back around. I know that when the time is right, someone will enter my life ... but will I be ready to receive them?
4.08.2012
New Love...
I am always quick to share that I am content being single to others. Sometimes I muse at the idea of being in love again and having a boyfriend. However ... the truth is ... I am terrified to begin a new relationship. It took me sooo long to be okay with being single, that the thought of losing my *freedom* terrifies me. I am also scared to get hurt again. I am afraid that a new guy will be like my last. I am afraid that I will resort to old habits - paranoia, jealousy, insecurity. It is so much easier to hide behind a mask of independence and being single than to even consider going down the road of taking a chance.
I guess what I am saying is that I still have weak days because of what I have gone through in the past. I have come so incredibly far ... and I do not want to turn that progress back around. I know that when the time is right, someone will enter my life ... but will I be ready to receive them?
I guess what I am saying is that I still have weak days because of what I have gone through in the past. I have come so incredibly far ... and I do not want to turn that progress back around. I know that when the time is right, someone will enter my life ... but will I be ready to receive them?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment