10.09.2013

“Every woman has the exact love life she wants”

I am not sure how I feel about the quote, "Every woman has the EXACT love life she wants." In fact, I do not agree with this quote at all. When considering this quote - I think it's important to think about reality but also a woman's hope and dreams as well.

Reality?

I am single. I am 25 years old. I work full-time and go to graduate school part-time. I work two extra part time jobs (in addition to my full-time job). I was in a serious relationship for 3+ years.  It took me 3+ years to grieve the break-up and transition into the life (and reality) I have come to cherish now. I do not trust guys due to past experiences with them. I am afraid to be vulnerable. To allow myself to let someone else in. I do not want my heart broken again unnecessarily. The reality of my life suggests that I am a cynical workaholic who wants to be single and left alone.

My Hopes and Dreams?

To fall in love again. With someone who I can trust. To find a man who is attracted to my personality, heart and mind FIRST, before he finds my looks attractive. To find someone who enjoys nature and being outdoors as much as I do. To find someone who loves to watch football. To find someone who loves to laugh and have a good time. To find someone who wants to DO things ... not stay at home all the time. To find someone who likes to go on new adventures and to travel to places never seen. Who wants to experience new things and grow together both in mind, heart and spirit. My hopes and dreams represent the LOVE LIFE that I want. I just have not encountered it yet. 

#theSW30

2 comments:

  1. I would have to agree with you on this one! I think the quote is pretty absurd, esp. as it is stated so factually; while it definitely CAN be true of some, it's certainly not true of all women. We need to time figure out and work towards what we want before it can happen. And something like meeting a compatible partner is not something we have control over. Cheers to our dreams coming true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Thanks for your awesome comment and for visiting my site! :o)

      Delete